Re: RFC: moving packages to project/orphaned

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 06:55:16PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  Regarding the severity of the ftp.debian.org bug: important.
>  Rationale: in the general case, packages that managed to get to this
>  state are non-interesting (otherwise they would have been adopted
>  already).  That means it's a non maintained package which noone cares

non-interesting doesn't mean uncared about. Frequently it includes sweet
little tools that need only an occasional updating for policy changes.
No real bugs to speak of.

>  about, which in turn means bugreports won't get answered to.  IMO,
>  they *should* be removed before release.  Counter-arguments for the
>  general case are welcomed.
>
>   display-dhammapada (68091), 33 days old

As for this little tool, I have a release in ftp://dvdeug.dhis.org
that would update it to the latest policy and close the only bug
on it, if any one wants to upload it, or sponsor me (I am in
new-maintainers now.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: dvdeug.dhis.org