ITP: PETSc, the Portable Extensible Toolkit for Scientific Computation

Package: wnpp
Version: N/A
Severity: wishlist

Greetings,

I have packaged PETSc: the Portable Extensible Toolkit for Scientific
Computation.  The source and binary packages are available at
http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/petsc.html .  The suite originated at
Argonne National Labs, the URL is available at my PETSc page.

I have communicated with Christophe Prud'homme, who had started a set of
his own packages.  We've agreed to go with mine, because I have been in
close communication with the upstream authors since my effort began in
the beginning of August.

I am not yet a maintainer, but am sponsored by Gopal Narayanan, who will
upload the packages when he is satisfied with them.

Thank you,

-Adam P.

-- System Information

Debian Release: 2.2

Kernel Version: Linux ebedmelech 2.2.15-atydbg #3 Tue May 23 06:09:29
EDT 2000 ppc unknown