release date field in .debs

When I do an apt-cache show packagename, I don't see any date information
listed.

I would very much like to see a release date added to the .deb headers.  I
suggest using the date mentioned in the changelog.Debian.

My reason being I would like to be able to write a program to generate a
list of packages updated in the last N days, in chronological order, to
serve a function very similar to freshmeat.net.

If this information is currently available for uninstalled packages,
please let me know where.

Also, while on the subject of adding fields to .deb headers, I suggest a
field to contain the url to the home page of the upstream source.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com