Re: MIDI Notation Software

Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:
> What I really want is some "patching bay" system that "MIDI capable"
> system can notify it so that they have some MIDI output and MIDI
> input, and the user can make the route between the MIDI input and
> output via some interface.
>
> ALSA midi drivers may provide their virtual MIDI in and OUT devices,
> timidity can provide its virtual MIDI in device, and software
> sequencers can provide their MIDI in and out devices. And I want to be
> able to link them in any way I want.

Well, this looks just like the sequencer stuff in ALSA.  Take a look
at http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/sequencer.html.

Regards,

M. S.
Martin Soto                                   Sauerwiesen 6, D - 67661
                                               Kaiserslautern, Germany
Quality and Process Engineering
 			                      Tel:  +49 (6301) 707-167
Fraunhofer Institute for                      Fax:  +49 (6301) 707-200
Experimental Software Engineering	      E-mail: soto@iese.fhg.de