Re: build-suggests?

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Russell Coker wrote:

> The next version will have build-depends on libssl095a-dev, but I think that
> it would be more accurate to have build-suggests.  So that if you can get the
> libssl095a-dev then you should do so, but my program will work quite well
> (with reduced functionality) if you don't.

As the packages should always be compiled with all the functionality that
is available, I would leave that, but in some cases weaker dependencies
could be necessary to break dependency loops (Branden, XF4.0 <->
glide3?). Something like Build-Recommends and marking the resulting binary
packages as "should be recompiled with all dependencies met RSN".

   Simon

--
PGP public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8  47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1