Re: global distribution of debian users (and their paper)

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 09:05:04AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> >> Drew Parsons <dparsons@emerall.com> writes:
>
>  > Letter paper is used only in the U.S.A. (well, I've never been to
>  > Canada so I don't know about that).
>
>  Most of America (the continent) uses letter paper.  (For all I know
>  it's all, but I can imagine the Guyanas using A4)

Ah, thanks for the correction.  I wasn't sure about Central or South America
either.

Creating a location variable (/etc/timezone may be good enough for that,
though as a TZ variable it doesn't necessarily have to contain country
information, it can just indicate the time shift from Greenwich)  seems a
good way of solving the issue in a complete manner, but in the short term
maybe simply changing the libpaperg comment to "if in doubt, set to 'letter'
for the Americas, or 'A4' for the rest of the world" would be one way of
getting the job done. Maybe I should submit a "wishlist" bug for it?

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A