KDE is not working!

I just updated my old 1.1.2 installation from Ivan's site to the new 2.0
packages from woody. And nothing's going! KDM works but after login I get
that splash screen telling me it's trying to setup KDE and even telleing me
"KDE is up and running". Then it disappears and the screen remains grey. I
can move the mouse but do not get a menu or something like that. Of course I
do not get a panel or a kvt or anything I could work with.

Anyone's out there with an idea what's going on?

Michael

P.S.: I did copy my .kde and .kderc aside before starting kde2.
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De