Re: RFC: GUI tools for common Debian admin tasks

John Goerzen wrote :
> > I started coding proof of concepts thingies; they should be in my home
> > directory on master (~fpeters/, is this accessible from http ?) soon.
> > There is also a screenshot at
> > http://gaby.netpedia.net/pics/Screenshot_GUI_tools.jpeg
> I think the best would be to make a nice front-end for debconf.
This was phase 2 of my secret plan but since you asked for it I'll
have to tell you I completly agree with you but debconf is not
appropriate to add users (for example).

But bringing back to life the GTK frontend for debconf has to be done.
(actually I looked at the old code but I didn't like Perl enough to
understand half the lines).

--
Frederic Peters <fpeters@swing.be>        « Le travail a été ce que l'homme
Debian GNU/Linux : http://www.debian.org     a trouvé de mieux pour ne rien