Re: ITP lame

At 07:40 PM 9/5/00 +0200, Bart Schuller wrote:

What frustrates me is that there's software that's

- useful
- free
- legal (at least for quite a few millions of people)

but not officially available for Debian.

I understand fully that using the name "non-US" for patent-encumbered
software is wrong. However, the machine pandora.debian.org is in an
excellent position to also host a "non-Software-Patents" section of the
archive, which can again be subdivided in main, contrib and non-free.

If we do that, I suggest that "non-Software-Patents" is a bad name. Perhaps "patented" is a better name.