Re: Machine-specific optimizations

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 05:45:05PM +0200, Arthur Korn wrote:
> Is there a convenient way to put a package on hold? I couldn't
> figure anything out form the dpkg and apt-get manpages. If I
> have to start dselect every time I want to put something on hold
> this is certainly not how it should be. (Ever used dselect on a
> 9600 serial console? It's fun ;).

twice in one day...this must be the 4th or 5th time i've posted this
script to this list over the years.

---cut here---
#! /bin/bash

# dpkg-hold  --  command line tool to flag package(s) as held.
#
# by Craig Sanders, 1998-10-26.  This script is hereby placed into the
# public domain.
#
# BUGS: this script has absolutely no error checking.  this is not good.

if [ -z "$*" ] ; then
	echo "Usage:"
	echo "      dpkg-hold <package...>"
	exit 1