Machine-specific optimizations

I know this theme has been repeated a lot here, but I still think that using
machine-specific optimizations can make a difference. Specifically, there are a
few packages (libgmp, gnupg, bzip2) where it could make a lot of difference.
Some packages use every tiny bit of extra compiler optimization, while others
have subarch-dependent assembly code which makes a lot of difference.

So, is there any plan to use them (like recompiling the package on the user's

Cesar Eduardo Barros