Re: Potato now stable

 in the one bit you trimmed out, Jason said:

 > Logically, the way to represent this is to have package declare
 > their membership in a grouping. This could be done via the override
 > file so as to maintain a centralized authority like we have no with
 > the task packages. Groups and user preferences about them could be
 > stored seperate to the status file.

 This wouldn't be that difficult.  Just add a 'Task:' field to the
 packages.  Have the default be non-existant (empty).  In order to add
 information to the overrides file (and not put the load on the ftp
 people's shoulders) have a 'maintained overrides', that is, a bit of
 the overrides file maintianed just like a normal package (e.g.,
 task-games.overrides).  In this way you satisfy aj's concerns
 (changing this would be as short as editing a text file, signing and
 uploading) and provide the functionality of task-packages, provided
 UI tools support this field.

 One problem here is that sooner or later someone will start thinking
 of such sick things as 'local overrides'.

                              Marcelo