Re: Intent To Split: netbase

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Jacob Kuntz wrote:

> while i can't imagine ever justifying having postfix AND exim installed on
> the same machine, your argument holds true for other things. for instance,
> it's not uncommon to see a machine that has apache running on 80 for

I've done it - had to really.. Two reasons
   1) Exim provides a different command line interface than say qmail,
      some software simply will not work. Thus we need a mail agent to
      move messages outbound only.
   2) Migrating between mailers. Need to have both operational at once
      in order to flush queues, test and migrate.

> modperl pages, with thttpd or aolserver on 8080 for static content. not to
> mention what will happen when we see TUX packaged.

Yes, good examples too.

Jason