Re: Bochs / VGA-Bios license question / freebios anyone?

Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> writes:

> Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> writes:
>
> > That sounds as if non-free is the right place. Or the best is you make two
> > packages: A vga-bios package in non-free and a bochs package in contrib.
>
> But why would this be better that a complete package in contrib. Is
> bochs useable without the vga-bios or is the vga-bios useable for
> other things than bochs?

Bochs should run with any bios (like freebios) or maybe even without
(when using linux).

And the bios can be used for different things, like plex86. I think
they use the same bios.

> I was about to package bochs a couple of months ago but this was one
> of the things stopping me.
>
> And then it neither booted my QNX, Eros or Plan9 boot disks.

QNX I tried on a friends computer, nice on. Never heard of Eros and
never seen Plan9.

Can you point me to some source for the disks?

MfG
        Goswin

PS: potato bootdisks now work and >2GB harddisks work and 2.88 MB floppies.