Re: Bug 27092 breaks localisation of potato install (IMPORTANT)

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 09:49:35AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > I used to source /etc/environment from Xsession.  Pedants hounded me to
> > death until I removed it.  So argue with them, not me.
>
> I don't buy this.  It's your package and you took the decision, so ultimately
> you are the one responsible.

You leap to conclusions.  Nowhere did I say I don't take responsibility for
the decision.  I take full responsibility.  What I'm not going to do is
spend time privately educating Goswin Brederlow on the rationale.  If he
cares to look, he can find it.

> If you hounded me to death to move traceroute over to /usr/bin, and I actually
> did that, it would be my head on the block, not yours.

On the contrary, if you did such a thing, you would be borne around the
field on our collective shoulders, at least until you did the next
senseless thing you're famous for.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    I am sorry, but what you have mistaken
Debian GNU/Linux                |    for malicious intent is nothing more