Re: Intent To Split: netbase
> > =2E..which people will still say, because even if traceroute is installed,
> > the binary is placed in a completely nonsensical directory.
> I wonder what this PATH variable was invented for.
Here we go again... =)
- What this sbin/bin thing was invented for?
- To prevent users from having useless things in their PATH.
- But lots of users claim that they'd like to have tracerout in their PATH!?
- So they should all add sbin to their PATH.
- But they don't like to have useless things in their PATH (init, adduser).
- So they should all remove sbin from their PATH.
- But lots of users claim that they'd like to have tracerout in their paths!?