Re: Intent To Split: netbase

> > =2E..which people will still say, because even if traceroute is installed,
> > the binary is placed in a completely nonsensical directory.
> I wonder what this PATH variable was invented for.

 Here we go again... =)

 - What this sbin/bin thing was invented for?
 - To prevent users from having useless things in their PATH.
 - But lots of users claim that they'd like to have tracerout in their PATH!?
 - So they should all add sbin to their PATH.
 - But they don't like to have useless things in their PATH (init, adduser).
 - So they should all remove sbin from their PATH.
 - But lots of users claim that they'd like to have tracerout in their paths!?
 [etc]