Bochs / VGA-Bios license question / freebios anyone?

Bochs is a i386 emulator that is now LGPL, but it uses a commercial
VGA-bios that free for bochs and only for use with bochs.

The question is, can I package the bios? I presume that it would go to
non-free if at all.

I heard of the free bios project, so does anyone have experience with
it? I would prefer to have a free bios for bochs, so bochs can be in
main.

Testers are welcome for a plug&play install&run package of bochs:

deb ftp:/rut.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de unstable main
deb-src ftp:/rut.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de unstable main

It runs on i386 and Alpha and both are there prebuild. It fails on
m68k (but was working with an older version) at the moment and I don't
have an ppc running to test.

MfG
        Goswin