Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator

Hi,

From: Malcolm Parsons <malcolm@ivywell.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:21:04 +0100

> On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 12:59:22PM +0900, Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote:
> > I adopted the idea of Anthony Towns to divert xterm.
>
> Please note that the version of menu released into woody today calls
> x-terminal-emulator, not xterm.

I checked the new version of menu.  Yes, we will need to rewrite
/etc/menu-methods/menu.h by hand to use sensible-x-terminal-emulator
with menu.  *Untimely*.  I lost one reason, one of the largest reasons,
to adopt diversion of xterm...

Anyway, sensible-x-terminal-emulator will stop to divert xterm
sooner or later.  The diversion is only for demonstration.
(Some other packages may have direct calling against xterm...)

By the way, 0.04 had a bug around diversion mechanism.  I built
version 0.05.  It is available at:

http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/linuxwork/sensible-xtermemu.html
ftp://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/pub/sensible-xtermemu/

It will be available also in Debian JP archive in a day.

# I am in the queue of New Maintainer process.  I am waiting DAM
# approval (the final stage).  I hope I will be able to upload this
# package to Debian by myself soon.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.or.jp>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/