pam_wheel only excepts users in /etc/group but ignores gid in passwd

Together with some others in #debian, I have found a strange behanvior in
pam_wheel. When used with group= argument it only accept those users,
that are written in /etc/group to be in this group. If someone has this
gid in passwd he is not accepted.

Now this code uses the grp->mem out of grp.h to determine the groups a
person is in.

So I do not know, if this is a bug in pam or in clib or if it is a bug at
all.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link