Re: debconf vs. the sysadmin

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 07:34:06PM -0500, Steve Greenland wrote:

> We need to come up with some way to deal with this issue, or admit
> that debconf is only useful and should only be used on initial package
> install.

One thing you can try to do is to have the debconf config script try to
set itself up with the values in the configuration file and only update
the bits of the configuration file it understands.  This is revolting,
very hard for many kinds of configuration file and error-prone but it
should generally do what the user expects until we start getting multiple
debconf databases.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/