Re: ITO: packages up for adoption

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 03:05:53AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> was heard to say:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 07:56:04PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > aptitude
>
> Aptitude? Who will continue to develop it? What happened? Is Daniel still
> working on it? In that case I am happy to help him out and package it for
> him.

  I'm still working on it, but work is progressing a bit slower than I
hoped, mainly because I got a summer job :-\
  Currently, there have been no user-visible changes for a long time, because
I'm rewriting the underlying UI system in a CVS branch and the program
as a whole doesn't even compile in that branch :-)  Probably after I make
an initial release that works, I'll separate the UI libraries into their own
package.  (the next release will likely be 0.0.9, followed by 0.0.91, etc..
I'm aiming for 0.1.0 once I get everything in the overhauled UI the way I
want it)

  I hope to (finally!) get the key signature I need in to my AM towards the
beginning of September.  I've packaged all versions of aptitude newer than
that available in woody and released them on the Sourceforge project page; [1]
you probably want to look at those.  I intend to adopt it as soon as possible
(ie, about a month from now)  I haven't decided yet whether to convert it
to a Debian-native package at that time or not; I'm leaning towards not doing
that, since it lets me correct packaging glitches without doing a completely
new release of the program.

  Daniel

  [1] although that was a while ago; I may have made some silly mistakes in
     the packaging.

--
/----------------- Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> -----------------\
|      f u cn rd ths,     |     "When you have heard a joke, you have a       |