Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator

Hi,

From: Malcolm Parsons <malcolm@ivywell.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:52:04 +0100

> There are many cases where I would recommend a user to do this. The sysadmin
> may be a vim fan, and the user an emacs fan,  netscape vs mozilla, less vs
> more, etc.  You wanted a way for users to set their default xterm separately
> from the system default, and this is the way to do it.

I want the DEFAULT X terminal emulator to be Kterm or Krxvt when
LANG (or LC_ALL or LC_CTYPE) is 'ja_JP.eucJP'.  The default X
terminal emulator should be sensitive to LC_CTYPE locale category.
Preference cannot provide the default setting.  Rather, preference
means a way to have different settings from the default.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.or.jp>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/