Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator

Hi,

From: Malcolm Parsons <malcolm@ivywell.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:39:41 +0100

> Maybe I should have explained the per user override bit above.
> This can currently only be done manually as follows:
>
> ln -s `which hanterm` ~/bin/x-terminal-emulator
> export PATH=~/bin:$PATH

Similar mechanism is already included in the Japanese support
in 'language-env' package.  However, IMHO, such a trick should
not be needed to display users' native language (encoding).
How do you feel, for example, if many softwares in Debian
adopts EBCDIC encoding and you have to change configuration
for EACH software ONE BY ONE to use ASCII encoding BY HAND?
You must feel annoyed.  The situation of Asian people is just
like that.  Thus, I am trying to remove such necessity of
configurations one by one.  Sensible-x-terminal-emulator is
one of these trials.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.or.jp>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/