Re: PMFJI, but what (if anything is happening wrt crypto and us)?

Ben Collins writes:

> Incorrect info. Bind actually contained RSA code in the source,
> IIRC. This constitued actual crypto code in the source, which is not
> the same as hooks into crypto, which is why mutt, even though it can
> invoke pgp/gpg, is not considered crypto.

Does this have to do with the fact that gpg is a separate program?
i.e., pgp can legally be run from within Mutt, even though it's not
GPLed, but this would not be so if (the hypothetical) libpgp was
linked in. Or is any hook OK?

Please excuse my ignorance, pointers to further explanation of this
issue would be appreciated.

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)