Re: PMFJI, but what (if anything is happening wrt crypto and us)?

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> Yes, you can package it, so long as you don't link it with SSL. Note,
> openldap can also be linked with SSL and Kerberos (as do many other
> programs), but the binaries aren't linked, and can go safely into us/main.

Then why did sendmail have to register, they don't ship binaries...

My understanding (often flawed) is that even the *hooks* for crypto
constitute crypto.

I'd also like to be able to have support for TLS/SSL linked in - instead
of me doing sendmail and x from a more liberal country supporting
sendmail-tls.

--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon