Re: debconf functionality after installed

    Gopal> debconf provides *no* functionality to the package (other
    Gopal> than the functionality that comes from installing it
    Gopal> :)). With the growing use of install packages such as
    Gopal> debconf, I think the Install-Depends field makes sense.

I disagree.

dpkg-reconfigure packagename

...or don't you consider reconfiguration important?

(although this is really clumsy when a package has a lot of
prompts.  eg. try reconfiguring one of the low priority prompts with
imp... It has 43 questions defined. Not only that, but my change
didn't take place. Perhaps there is a bug here).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>