Re: debconf functionality after installed

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 08:30:45AM +1000, Brian May wrote:

>     Gopal> debconf provides *no* functionality to the package (other
>     Gopal> than the functionality that comes from installing it
>     Gopal> :)). With the growing use of install packages such as
>     Gopal> debconf, I think the Install-Depends field makes sense.
>
> I disagree.
>
> dpkg-reconfigure packagename
>
> ...or don't you consider reconfiguration important?

Okay. Point taken. But still the issue remains, having debconf in the
Depends field is not very elegant or logical. The depends field is for
dynamic libraries, etc., without which the programs that make up the
package will not function.

Gopal

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>