Re: splitting up kernel-image into two pieces

Nick Cabatoff <ncc@cs.mcgill.ca> writes:
> I don't want to have to update lilo.conf when I install a new kernel,
> but I want my lilo configuration to happen sometime, somewhere.  And I
> want it to happen noninteractively, without needing to hack at
> lilo.conf itself.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to move the kernel-image postinst code
into a separate utility, e.g. `update-boot-kernel', which the postinst
would then invoke.

In your case, you could then disable the postinst boot frobbing using
/etc/kernel-img.conf, but then when you really *did* want to change
which kernel was being booted, you (or your shell-script) could just run
`update-boot-kernel', which would do all that nice stuff for you.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche