Re: Vacation 18.7-5.8 Ottawa/Halifax/Newfoundland

Fabien Ninoles <fabien@Nightbird.TZoNE.ORG> writes:

> I will be there too... Could we set a time/place where we can meet each
> other... 500 developers/5 days is quite a lot if we don't want to miss.
> So, I remember a lot of good places (like the Oak Tree or something like
> this) but not enough to remember exactly where there was. Maybe David
> Huggins-Daines can help us (and I'm pretty sure know a lot about good beer ;)

You're probably thinking of the Royal Oak, which is nice enough.
(It's actually a local chain of pubs so there are three of them
within the central area).

I will certainly be there.  Should we try to find everyone at the
beginning of the conference, or will people be here sooner?

> OK, so Canadian beer until 1AM, then Quebec beer until 3AM (I really
> that the stupid law to close bars after 1AM at Hull wasn't pass!) ;)

Actually it's 2AM on both sides of the river now, so yeah.  There
weren't too many places worth going in Hull anyway, it was mostly
drunken 18-year-old Carleton students anyway :-)

> We'll see next day on which side we begin ;) Did the microbrewery market
> has grown in Ontario or elsewhere in Canada? I don't heard much about

Quebec has a better beer scene, I think.  But we have some good beer
in Ontario too.

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.