Re: packages linked against Qt

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 10:13:44AM -0400, Steve Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Joseph Carter wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 06:48:04PM +0200, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> > > I doubt that promising licensing change for Qt 2.2 is
> > > for anything more than stopping poeple from making free
> > > (Qt isn't 100%-free) Qt-compitible toolkit.
> >
> > Your grasp of the DFSG is obviously as complete as your understanding of
> > the GPL itself.

> I have read the GPL thoroughly, I have read the DFSG, and I have read many
> accounts of the KDE/GPL controversy.  With all that, I cannot figure out
> what you are alluding to.  Rather than insult my intelligence, why not
> simply remind us all, with a few pithy words, why you doubt Tomasz' view
> of TrollTech's motives?

Methinks the boneheaded claim that Qt still isn't 100% free probably
didn't help Joseph's impression of Tomasz' understanding of the DFSG
(hint: Qt is in main).

It's difficult to be reasonable to people who spew ill-thought-out
conspiracy theories that are clearly based on a complete misunderstanding
of reality.  Especially when those theories slander those with whom you
wish to cooperate.

                brian