Re: source dependencies

Andreas Tille wrote:

> > This is something we already have. It is called Build-Depends, and should
> > be an additional entry in the control file. Report a bug if this entry
> > is missing or incomplete.

> Unfortunately I had to remove exactly this phrase from a control file
> when I tried to compile it on woodyi some time ago.

What problems exactly did you have (even if you could not track it down)?

> Perhaps it's a bug in the woody packages but I had no time to track down
> the problem to write a qualified bug report.  May be you fiddle around
> with this somewhat and file a bug to BTS.

Which packages were involved? IIRC, the right way is to file a wishlist bug
describing the (unreproducable) problems.

Build-Depends are required by Policy and needed for other architectures
build daemon. Usually Roman files an `important' bug if something's wrong
with it ;-)

 Greetings,

  Ulf