Re: An idea.... (Was: debfind.net (was: GNOME-HELIX))

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Remco Blaakmeer wrote:

> Yes, you'll have to download the entire package before apt/lintian can
> scan it. You can't expect every Joe Schmoe to use dinstall to upload the
> packages.

No you misunderstood me.  The dinstall that runs at Debian/Freshmeat/Wherever
would run lintian and output the results to some place where apt-get
--check-quality could retrieve them.

> This is not only about large non-official repositories, but also about
> users and upstream authors who make their own non-official packages.

If the author doesn't make quality information available in the required
format, apt-get --check-quality would just report that no quality
information is available and the user would be free to draw his own
conclusion.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>