Re: mysql now gpl'ed

Erik wrote£º
>On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 09:42:21PM +0200, Francesco Tapparo wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 08:07:07PM +0300, Sami Haahtinen wrote:
>>> but if someone NEEDS to make a living developing good software, they
>>> should do so. but this is a good move by the developers to move it
>>
>> Are you saying that it is right to develop proprietary software to make a
>> living from it?
>> Then I cannot agree: proprietary licenses are not moral, in my opinion.
>> I'm not searching a polemics, but I must distantiate myself from your
>> opinions.
>> BTW: RedHat, VA etc. are a proof that it is possible to make money with non
>> proprietary software.
>
>neither VA nor RedHat have shown a profit yet.  So it is not yet proven
>you can make money with non-proprietary software.  It has been proven that
>you can get alot of people to invest in you, that beleive you will someday
>make tons of money.

This is really amazing that when talk about making money people
tends to think in the position as a owner of a big company instead
of merely a developer for a company.

va/rh developers ARE earn their good life writing free software.
which is a moral way of life with code, if you ask me.

i don't know the math with ceo stuff, so i don't know if va/rh are
spreading too fast to gain a profit even as they're earning
more and more..

--
zw@zhaoway.com
http://www.zhaoway.com/