Re: Debian 2.2 Release.

#include <hallo.h>
Marco d'Itri wrote on Tue Jun 27, 2000 um 08:55:19PM:

>  >potato is stable in a few weeks. It's nearly half a year old, but not
>  >outdated.
> The mutt package is way outdated.

Oh, come on, I don't like developing periods of >10months either, but
mutt is one of the packages where the new functionality is a wery weak
reason for breaking the "frozen"-rules. Many people still use mutt-0.9.x
and don't comlain about. Others, who may need the newest package, can
recompile it in their own, but there just few people who like to do it
so.
OTOH I would like the "semi-stable" distributions to become more known
in the community. These distributions (including some new, but stable
stuff, maybe compiled against the stable libs) may be the best
compromise for pure users that want some software in the latest version
without the rest of the unstable stuff. Recompiling again and again is
not a good solution, there should be something like the distribution
from ?Anthony Towns? but a bit more official.
And actually, I think the distribution should be released if it's stable
for each specific plattform, not looking for stability in other
plattforms at all.

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <eb@zombie.inka.de>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04  5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5