Re: modular design for adduser

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 05:26:54PM +0200, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> If you plan to rewrite adduser please think of adding national language
> support and maybe some support for different frontends? Lots of people would
> surely love a graphical frontend and some would be happy to find some batch
> user adding support.

Also the current version of adduser uses gettext, so it's no problem to
translate to different languages. The support of different frontend is
also possible with my suggestion of a modular design. With this design,
no real work in done in adduser itself, but instead in the different
"modules" (or call them whatever you like). So it should be quite easy
to write another frontend to the modules besides adduser like gadduser
or whatever.

Roland

--
 * Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org> * http://www.copyleft.de/~roland/ *
 *         Debian GNU / Linux -- the choice of a GNU generation          *