Re: Release-critical Bugreport for June 25, 2000

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> > Package: dvidvi (debian/main)
> > Maintainer: David van Leeuwen <david@ElseWare.cistron.nl>
> >   65051  dvidvi: depends on libc6 but doesn't declare a dependency
> >   65052  dvidvi: No copyright notive that it is allowed to use this program
>
> dvidvi has been like this since hamm (and before, although it didn't
> depend on libc6 until hamm...). Since it's part of one of the task
> packages (task-tetex), since the bug reports only arrived very recently,
> and since these don't seem to cause major problems, this is likely to
> wait until woody to be fixed.

I did send these two bug reports. I agree that the first bug doesn't cause
major problems and could be ignored for potato, but the second is a real
problem: A package must be removed if it has no copyright notice that
explicitely allows the use or distribution of a program. I can prepare a
new task-tex package that does no longer depend on dvidvi.

> Cheers,
> aj (acting release manager)

cu,
Adrian