Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator

From: Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at>
Subject: Re: sensible-x-terminal and x-terminal-emulator
Date: 23 Jun 2000 15:02:31 +0200

> Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> writes:
>
> > But the necessity depends on the cases.  For English-speaking
> > and/or European people, X terminals might be the problem of
> > preference but for us multibyte-language speakers it is the
> > inevitable problem.  And as Debian is highly internationalized
> > so the necessity increases much, IMHO.
>
> Why don't you write a sensible-x-terminal script, and package it? Then
> everybody unsatisfied with the current solution can install it. I
> don't think policy discussion is necessary for that.

Yes perhaps you are right and if many Debian developers
think in the same way there is no problem.

As I am not a developer yet so I posted the request only
because I simply think it necessary for Debian.
(This is the first reason why I do not write and package it ;-)

The reason why I think some discussions and/or agreement
are necessary is

- it might be better if many packages adopt sensible-x-terminal
  so agreement is necessary.
  (it seems only the maintainer of language-env expressed
  approval to the request)

- also I was taught and knew that this was already discussed (or
  caused bigflamawar?) so it might be necessary to get agreement.

BTW there is almost no response and I wonder

- this means there is no objection?
- many of you are already bored with this issue?
- only neglected?

Best Regards,			2000.6.24

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>