On Wed, 07 Jun 2000 18:49:06 -0700, you wrote:
>That, in my opinion, is precisely the reason why a, for lack of a better
>word, cabal has consistently made it more and more difficult to have
>non-free software in Debian.  Take a naive new user.  Make it difficult for
>them to get non-free software.  Pretty soon you have a "true free software
>user".  The want for non-free software is not satisfied.  The user is
>merely conditioned to not want non-free software.

IBTD. That naive new user will laugh, throw his Debian CDs away and
install RedHat or SuSE. It happened in the past because of dselect,
and it will happen in the future because of non-Netscape.

I am uncertain if the vote should be arranged ASAP. First, I wish to
have it over fast - because I need to know if my company and me will
have to look for a new Linux distribution. Second, I wish to have it
later, because I hope that my NM application will be through by then
so I can vote against non-free removal.

Greetings
Marc