Re: My present position, in opposition of anything resembling non-free in social contract

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 11:12:02AM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 12:34:13AM -0700, Jim Lynch wrote:
> > For the record, I hereby disclaim any promise whatsoever to support non-free
> > software in any way whatsoever.
> Then I expect there will be a number of people who want you booted from the
> project, because:

Huh?

No developer has to support non-free right now, without any changes to
the social contract whatever. Wichert Akkerman, Joey Hess, James Troup,
and yourself are all prime examples of well known developers who don't
maintain any non-free software [0], and I haven't seen any of you hung,
drawn and quartered for some supposed lack of commitment to the social
contract.

What were you saying about straw men, again?

Cheers,
aj

[0] At least according to:
	grep-available -F Section 'non-free' -s 'Maintainer' | sort -u

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

                                      -- Dave Clark