Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 07:06:51AM +0200, Juergen A. Erhard wrote:

> [...]
>
>     Jason> Gee, I don't know if the current team of people keeping the
>     Jason> BTS, Mirrors, Archive, Web Pages, etc would agree with this
>     Jason> kind of dismissal of how difficult and complicated a job it
>     Jason> really is.
>
>     Jason> I'd say it would take a month or more of very steady effort
>     Jason> to make the required arrangements just to get the show on
>     Jason> the road, and probably a good two days every week there
>     Jason> after just to keep it all running smoothly.
>
> You're aware of the fact that this new non-free.org thingie is a *lot*
> smaller then Debian itself?

The effort to do something like this probably scales by the square root
of the number of packages, with a large constant factor. That is, despite
the non-free thingie being a lot smaller than Debian itself, the effort
to keep the mirrors, the BTS and archive running isn't going to be that
much smaller.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
http/ftp: x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu