Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free, Draft 2

    Marcus> On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 01:23:46PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:

[...]

    >> It may not be an 'offical' part of Debian (was it ever?),
    >> but it certainly is very useful to many of us I believe.

    Marcus> non-free and contrib are not part of the Debian
    Marcus> distribution, although they are in some sense part of
    Marcus> Debian currently (obviously).

Which is a problem: It is not easily explained to the
not-*extremely*-clueful (and most of the non-insiders are in that
category) how contrib and non-free are not part of Debian when they
are part of debian.org.

If the end result of this would be that non-free disappears of
ftp.debian.org (wherever it may land, whether under Debian control or
not is not that important) a lot would be easier.

Though I'm unsure whether I'd vote YES (if I were a developer ;-)

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard      eMail: jae@ilk.de      phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html