Re: Opposed Re: Seconded, sponsored. (was Re: General Resolution: Removing non-free)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 03:21:13PM -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
> > I oppose this motion on the grounds that it violates the Social Contract.
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/social_contract point 5
>
> What you are really saying is that the Social Contract is sacred and
> shall not be changed?

Yes. The social contract is sacred in that it is one of the building
blocks upon which the project is founded. Any changes to these foundations
will lead to project splits and worse. See the flamewar this has already
caused.

Found another project if you need to be so exclusive....