Re: Ugly Boot on 2.2.15

In reference to a message from Lauri Tischler, dated Jun 06:
> Why on earth has graphic boot screen selected as default on kernel-2.2.15
> on potato. It's ugly as hell and in graphic mode most text based tools
> look ugly too.
> Now after install, the first thing to do is to compile proper kernel.
> If you need graphic boot use windows.

we don't turn things on in the kernels gratuitously. The fbdev device is
turned on (only on 2/4 kernels for i386) to allow some i18n installs (CJK
mostly) to work. The boot logo is a side effect. If you think it is ugly I
suggest asking the upstream kernel maintainers to supply better logos.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/