Re: Ugly Boot on 2.2.15

Lauri Tischler wrote:

> Why on earth has graphic boot screen selected as default on
> kernel-2.2.15 on potato. It's ugly as hell and in graphic mode most
> text based tools look ugly too.

 probably because many non x86 (m68k,alpha,sparc) machines require the
FB device, and it makes for a more consistant environment for all
arch's.

 I know several people who prefer the FB mode (instead of raw text
mode), although I don't necessarily agree with them.  You might try a
differnt built-in font if you don't like the default one.  FB mode has
some nice features, but is definitely slower.

> Now after install, the first thing to do is to compile proper kernel.

 yes, with Linux one has that choice.

> If you need graphic boot use windows.

 where one has no choices at all.

ron