Re: nscd

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 11:25:24AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Roland writes:
> > Is simply 'nscd -i passwd; nscd -i group' enough? Unfortunately I
> > couldn't find a manpage or something in /usr/share/doc/nscd.
>
> If you find out please let me know.  My dynamic DNS stuff reportedly
> sometimes troubles nscd, but I can't find any docs (and I'm not about to
> download the libc sources at 28.8).

blimpo:~# nscd --help
Usage: nscd [OPTION...]
Name Service Cache Daemon.

  -d, --debug                Do not fork and display messages on the current
                             tty
  -f, --config-file=NAME     Read configuration data from NAME
  -g, --statistic            Print current configuration statistic
  -i, --invalidate=TABLE     Invalidate the specified cache
  -K, --shutdown             Shut the server down
  -S, --secure=TABLE,yes     Use separate cache for each user
  -t, --nthreads=NUMBER      Start NUMBER threads
  -?, --help                 Give this help list
      --usage                Give a short usage message
  -V, --version              Print program version

Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional
for any corresponding short options.

So for DNS, "nscd -i hosts".

Should suffice as a supported feature for such use :)