J.A. Bezemer should NOT be making developer or rel mgr decisions.

Hello.

For the second test cycle I do NOT want this person:

   "J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl>

to be alone in creating images or to be in any way in charge of that
process. He has held up the test cycle trying to make decisions that
belong to (1) the release manager (and even -refusing- him!!) and (2)
the debian developers (which Bezemer is NOT).  These decisions do not
belong to him.

In addition, if he ever tries to holds up the images again, you can
consider this a -formal- objection to his becoming a debian maintainer.

If someone else comes up with images and Bezemer refuses to put them
on what is now cdimage.debian.org, I -formally- request of the admins
that they repoint this name at a different machine.

-Jim

P.S: this letter was penned two weeks ago... and recently, Bezemer is
-again- trying to make decisions and threatening to upset the test
cycle schedule. This activates the formal part of this note as set
forth above.

Anne: Dark is release manager. You are not. He can say what goes
into the images. You can not.

Let's do that again!

Anne: I am a debian developer. You are not. I can, in concert with other
developers, decide what goes into the images. I probably cannot say what
cannot go in unless it relates to my packages. You can do neither.

And once more just to make sure you understand this!

Anne: you can create CD images. SO CAN I, AND SO CAN EVERY DEVELOPER
AND NON-DEVELOPER. I cannot say for sure what goes in them, but we can
all run the script. You cannot say AT ALL what goes in them, not for
official debian images. If you say "x should go in" -or- if you say "y
should not go in", all it would take is a debian developer vetoing you.

FOR THE RECORD, I DO SO:

I hereby use whatever veto power I have (if any) on any difference
whatsoever between what J. A. Bezemer creates and what debian developers
have uploaded and the release manager has modified for the image. The purpose
of this veto is to enjoin with and empower the release mgr and/or any
debian developer who wants to restore total edit rights over the images.

As if we EVER lost them.

This would also have the effect of enabling images to be made as soon
as they are ready, and a liberal estimate of that time is twenty-four
hours from now, with the conservative being fourty-eight.

As if this were ever disabled...

This seems very clear, Anne... Understand now? :) All you have to do
is cause what we have put together to be imaged. No edits, no changes,
no decisions. Just push the damn button. That's all you have to do.

---
Jim Lynch       Finger for pgp key
as Laney College CIS admin:  jim@laney.edu   http://www.laney.edu/~jim/
as Debian developer:         jwl@debian.org  http://www.debian.org/~jwl/