Re: Bertrand Meyer challenges some open-source assumptions.

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 12:05:50AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Well, now you see the problem. Meyer says it's not clear that Stallman,
> Torvalds etc don't hold the same view. Nobody claims that everybody
> who supports free software likes guns, but nobody is saying otherwise
> either.

Huh? ``Hey! People who talk about free software don't seem to mention that
they don't look at child pr0n all day! What a bunch of SICKO FREAKS!!!!''

There, I've mentioned pedophilia. The debate's come to the usual tragic
conclusion. Can we all go home now?

Cheers,
a `nothing to see here' j

(In more detail: yes, it's understandable that fools who like to jump to
conclusions might think that everyone in free software is just like Eric,
and wax lyrical on how we're all rabid gun nuts. That doesn't make them
right, or even worth wasting our time rebutting)

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

                                      -- Dave Clark