Re: Which kernels to keep?

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 11:39:17AM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> > Can we either keep or somehow save/pidginhole 2.2.13 and 2.2.14? Given
> > security problems in 2.2.14 and disk I/O problems in 2.2.15 final,
> > maybe people will want the choice of going to 2.2.13
>
> I don't see much point in packaging kernels that we don't use ourselves
> in the installation process.  People who want a different version will
> go get it from wherever they get kernels.

This brings up the point of installation disks..  As much as I know people
don't like the idea (I'm not fond of it either), do the boot floppies
planned for potato have a few different sets for different occasions?
That is, is there a set optimized for notebooks which generally need
pcmcia and apm, but don't need traditional network or SCSI, etc?

Is our current boot floppy system even that flexible yet?  (I realize this
isn't your department dark, but I figured it was worth asking in case it's
something that needs work for woody..)

<Culus> "Hello?"  "Hi baybee"  "Are you Johnie Ingram?"  "For you I'll be
        anyone" "Ermm.. Do you sell slink CD's?" "I love slinkies"