Re: to reiterate, why are there no security updates on the front page? (Or, 17 security holes the security team hasn't told you about)

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 04:16:20AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:

[flaming snipped]

> I had helped a powerpc person do 4.70 debs(the only ones available, and only
> in rpm format from linuxppc.org), but dark didn't want to put them in potato,
> even tho I had given them my blessing.

well that is a problem then, if debian won't keep all archetecures as
close to in sync as closed source software will allow then IMO the
package should be removed.

> You make it sound like I have the source, and can compile this whenever I
> want.  We very much depend on outside sources as to when/what we can pkg for
> each arch.

i make no such claim, debians packages for netscape on powerpc are
outdated compared to other powerpc distributions, i don't care why or
who's fault it is.  4.6 is far less stable then 4.7x (on powerpc
anyway) which is a release critical bug.

I have heard dark say before that all the archetectures are in this
together.  maybe that is not true after all.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/