Re: to reiterate, why are there no security updates on the front page? (Or, 17 security holes the security team hasn't told you about)

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 01:31:45AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> 4.6 is far less stable then 4.7x (on powerpc
> anyway) which is a release critical bug.

Ummm, no. Something being somewhat unstable does not a release critical
make. Unusable for a majority of users, yes. Packaging errors like not
including a copyright (and thus violating the license), sure. Security
problems, absolutely.

But not random bugs.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

                                      -- Dave Clark